The Gewaltschutzzentrum Salzburg runs an intervention agency as per § 25 Para. 3 of the Security Police Law (SPL) and is therefore a legally recognised Victim Protection Centre.
The contract comprises
- psycho-social and legal counselling and assistance to the victims of violence in the family or in social life and to victims of stalking, with the objective of helping them gain their self-confidence and quality of life back.
- Development and expansion of the cooperation with the police, courts, authorities, facilities and individual persons concerned with the topic.
- Exchange of knowledge and experiences about stalking, violence in the family or in the social life in workshops or seminars with those interested.
- Legal advancement of victims' laws.
- Acceleration of a clear social positioning which unquestioningly condemns violence and treats the victims with respect.
The work done is documented in annual work reports and with the latest statistics.